Sweet Mangia Cornmeal and Potato Cakes
- 2 c. Yellow Cornmeal
- 3 c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Mangia Rub
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- canola oil for frying
- First stab your potatoes all around with a fork and microwave for 5-8 minutes (until soft).
- Meanwhile, whisk together water, 1 tsp. salt, Mangia, and cornmeal in a large mixing bowl, let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, mash them with the onions and carrots, salt to taste, and let cool down to room temperature.
- Mix potato mixture into cornmeal.
- Once evenly mixed, form patties about 1/4 inch thick and fry lightly in canola oil on each side.
- Top with your favorite salsa, enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.