It’s all about that Fontinella Cheese!
- 12-16 Hungarian bell peppers
- 2 cups Kalamata Olives (optional)
- 3 lbs Italian sausage (out of casing)
- 1-2 cups fresh marinara (recipe here)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Fontinella Cheese
- 1-2tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tsp each:
Salt & pepper
1-2tsp Red pepper flakes
- Hollow out the bell peppers by cutting of the top and scraping the inside with a knife. Make sure to get ALL the seeds out as they can make you sicker than heck.
- Slit each pepper once, about half the length of the pepper.
- Dice the onion, olives, and garlic, mix with the sausage.
- Stuff the peppers with the sausage and place on a pan.
- Lightly cover all peppers with fresh marinara.
- Grate a light sprinkling of fontinella over the peppers and sauce, consult your local sprinkler’s union for guidance.
- Place in oven for about 1 hour at 375º (check it at 45 minutes to make sure it isn’t burning.)
- Remove from oven, grate another light sprinkling of cheese (again, according to union rules) over the top and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.