A simple dinner on a week night. Salmon is a meaty fish and we’re searing it so pair it with Pinot Noir. Oh, and read these tips on how to sear meat first.
Seared Salmon with Potato Hash
- 2 Salmon Fillets – thawed if you’re using frozen, patted dry
- MangiaTV Cajun Fish Mojo Dry Rub
- vegetable oil
- italian seasoning, salt
- 2-3 potatoes, cleaned, patted dry and diced bite size
- half onion
- carrots, diced bite size
- Thaw your salmon first, if using frozen fillets. Then, pat dry with paper towel, drizzle with oil, season with Mangia Fish Mojo. Leave to marinade in the fridge about 30 minutes (or longer).
- Cook the pan on medium, add some oil. Throw in the onions and cook about 10 minutes until soft, stirring often. Add more oil, potatoes, carrots, salt and italian seasoning. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, stirring often. Add your asparagus on top of the potatoes towards the last 5 minutes so it can steam.
- Take the potatoes out of the pan and crank up the heat to high. Add more vegetable oil. Once the pan gets really hot add salmon fillets skin side down, let it cook about 3 minutes, but take a peek under and if it’s changing color, then flip (it’ll be quick, so don’t go anywhere). Cook the other side about 3-4 minutes, then sear the sides.
- Open a bottle of Pinot and enjoy with a guest!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.