Quick Marinara Sauce
- 1 Can whole peeled tomatoes (San Marzano are the best)
- 4-6 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup of chicken stock (not broth)
- 2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 8-12 leaves fresh basil
- Grated Italian (Parmesan, Romano, Fontinella) cheese of your choice
- Your favorite pasta
- Olive Oil
- 2-3tsp each:
Salt & pepper
- Cook the pan.
- Add diced garlilc cloves and olive oil to your hot pan and cook until garlic starts to turn clear.
- Pour canned tomatoes into pan on stove over medium heat.
- Make sure and crush the whole tomatoes into chunks with a potato masher, your hands, whatever ‘s gonna give you medium-to-large bite-size pieces in the final product. Some larger chunks can remain,as these flavor bombs are so coveted, they will probably cause a riot at the table.
- As tomatoes simmer down, add chicken stock, dry mustard, and basil.
- Add seasonings to taste as you go.
- Boil a whole package of pasta of your choice, we recommend a penne, it holds the sauce well.
- Sauce is finished when the consistency is neither too watery nor too thick (you’ll know.)
- Pour most of it over the pasta and grate cheese as indicated by the Sprinkler’s Union Local guidelines for your region.
- Put that shit in a bowl and watch the chaos as your family and friends devour it.