Hearty Brussel Sprout Stew
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Tbs vegetable bouillon
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cups chopped red onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Mangia Sweet Cajun Rub
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/8 cup crushed walnuts, or hazelnuts (or a mixture)
- (optional: 2 Tbs butter)
- Steam brussel sprouts until tender.
- At the same time take a small sauce pan and bring 1 cup of water and vegetable bouillon to a boil, reduce heat, and add garlic, Mangia Sweet Cajun Rub, and optional butter.
- Let sit for 3 minutes while you take the brussel sprouts out of the steamer and into a skillet. Also add red onion and apple to skillet.
- Now back to the sauce pan. Add flour slowly while whisking to prevent lumps over medium heat.
- When finished whisking sauce (it’ll be smooth), add to skillet, and stir everything over a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve in a bowl with chopped nuts on top.
- You can add your favorite type of noodle for added substance.