A great way to reinvent your leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 c. cold mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Mangia Cajun Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 granny smith apples peeled, cored, and diced small
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet mangia rub
- 1 teaspoon powdered chile de arbol
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- mix all ingredients together
- heat oil in a large frying pan
- drop pancake mixture in large spoonfuls and flatten with spoon. fry until browned and then flip and fry on other side until crispy and golden brown
- remove to a paper towel for a minute to drain the oil, serve hot
- saute onions in a small amount of olive oil, add Sweet Mangia rub and chile de arbol powder and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add apples and lemon juice, turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes. can be served hot or cold.
*Alternatively, serve pancakes with leftover cranberry sauce
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.