Ah, Super Bowl… It’s not about the football or the ads… it’s about the food… God Bless the US!
Sweet Cajun Homemade Potato Chips
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 Tbs. Mangia Sweet Cajun Rub
- 1/2 Tbs of Kosher Flake salt
- Three fingers of your favorite Frying oil (vegetable, coconut, bacon fat, goose fat
- Heat up oil to about 350-375F.
- Cut potatoes with a mandolin or a knife, very thin. Then place them immediately into very cold water (prevents browning).
- Once you have cut all of the potatoes them, dry them real good. If you fry a lot you know why. Don’t fry often? Take a knee. You DO NOT want to ever introduce unnecessary water to the hot oil. It will explode…it’s super dangerous…awesome…but dangerous.
- Fry until golden brown (about 8-10 minutes). Take out of the oil and place on paper towels and sprinkle salt.
- Shake or toss to mix salt. Then repeat the process with the Mangia sweet cajun rub.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before eating or store until a later time.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.