We’re going to need a bigger gravy boat!
Mangia.tv style Prime Rib (8 pound bone in) For approximately 5-10 people.
- Prime Rib
- 4 TBS Mangia.tv Dry Cajun Rub
- 1 Tbs Rosemary
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 1/8 white wine
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 flour
- 1 cup Beef broth
- Combine the Rosmary and Mangia Rub. Rub all over meat, but really layer it onto the fatty side of the Prime Rib.
- Put into a bake pan, pour about 1/8 cup red wine, 1/8 white wine, and 1/8 cup water into baking pan. Cook at 180 for about an hour, then raise the heat 20 degrees for each hour for 5-6 hours (check internal temp – get it to 160). Feel free to baste if you like, I do not.
- After you remove the Prime Rib from the heat, let it rest for at least 10 minutes (I like 20)
- Pour the liquid remnants of the pan into a sauce pan and heat on medium-heat while whisking. Add additional beef broth. Whisk in flour and keep whisking to prevent lumps. Set aside and let rest.
- Okay so here is the tricky part. You can serve them medium rare, but if your guests or family prefer a high serving temp, this can be done by submersing the sliced piece of meat in the sauce. +5 minutes for medium, +10 minutes for well
- The sauce should also be served as an au jus.