Mangia Spicy Brussel Sprouts and Purple Potatoes:
• 1 bag of brussel sprouts
• 2-3 medium sized purple potatoes
• ¼ yellow onion, diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, diced
• 1 tablespoon Mangia Cajun Dry Rub
• Olive oil
• 2 large knobs of butter
1. Bring a medium sauce pan of water to boil. Rinse potatoes, cut in half, and boil until just cooked through, but still firm. When ready, strain and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, rinse the sprouts. Cut off the ends and then slice in half. In a bowl, drizzle sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, mix until coated.
3. Heat a large, flat frying pan and add a knob of butter. Place sprouts face down in butter. Cook for several minutes until pan it hot and then cover and turn off heat. Let sit for five minutes until sprouts are softened.
4. Dice potatoes so that they are similar in size to the sprouts.
5. Turn heat back to medium on the frying pan.
6. Clear a space in the pan and add another knob of butter. Mix the Mangia rub and garlic into butter.
7. Add onions and potatoes to pan and mix everything with a wooden spoon until coated.
8. Cook until sprouts and potatoes have caramelized slightly.
9. Eat ravenously!