It’s Meatless Monday!!! That means we give you a delicious reason not to eat meat today. Ever tried cooking with tempeh? Here’s our recipe, try it and let us know what you think!
Grilled Tempeh Satay
2 8-oz. pkgs. tempeh, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Onion, quartered
1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces, (optional)
1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 cup low-fat coconut milk
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tsp. chile sauce, Like sriracha
2 tsp. light brown sugar
3 pieces lime peel
¼ cup apricot jam
2 Tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. Mangia Cajun Dry Rub
1. Skewers: Place onion, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic in blender; pulse until finely chopped. Add coconut milk, chili sauce, brown sugar, and ½ cup water; pulse until combined. Transfer to medium saucepan.
2. Boil coconut milk mixture and lime peel over medium heat. Add tempeh cubes, and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool in the mixture.
3. Take the cubes out from the liquid, and place on to skewers. Strain liquid, and let rest. Set and preheat your grill to medium-high (Same if using a pan).
4. Dip for Skewers: Combine all ingredients with ¼ cup water and reserved coconut milk mixture in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
5. Brush Satay Skewers with coconut oil. Grill 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
Got a #meatlessmondayrecipe you are super proud of? Send it our way! We will choose one to post next Monday!