Mangia.tv’s Homemade Cajun Butter
(And a Grilled Cheese Sandwich)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Mangia.tv Cajun Dry Rub
- pinch of paprika
First, toast Mangia Rub in a dry pan for a minute or so, stirring to avoid burning. Let cool.
In a large mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream, Mangia, salt, and paprika.
Using an electric mixer (a stand mixer could also be used) beat cream. It will go through several stages
1. First the cream will incorporate air and become light,, fluffy, and thick, eventually forming whipped cream
2. Keep beating, the fluffy cream will begin to break down, looking a bit curdled and turning slightly more yellow.
3. Beat until you notice that there is liquid forming (a splatter is a good indication), this means that the liquids have separated from the fats.
Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer, using a spatula to push the liquid out and through the strainer. Continue until all the liquid has been removed, the butter will have formed into a more recognizable consistency.
Enjoy your Mangia butter any way you want! We made a grilled cheese sandwich using rye bread, asiago cheese, avocado, tomato, chives, and Mangia butter! Delicious!