Spicy Carrot Ribbons – Vegan
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- the zest of one lime
- 2 tsp. Mangia.tv Cajun Rub
- small knob of ginger, grated finely
- italian parsley, for garnish
- Peel carrots and then make long strips using the peeler, set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add shallots, ginger, lime zest, and Mangia. Let cook on medium heat until shallots have softened. Add juice of half of the lime and toss in the carrot ribbons.
- Let the carrots cook just until they are heated through but before they lose their crunch.
- Top with fresh, chopped parsley and serve with a wedge of lime.