Spicy Pea Soup
- 10 oz. fresh or frozen peas
- 1 medium sized leek, sliced and cleaned
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. Mangia Cajun Dry Rub
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil and add leeks, garlic, lemon zest, Mangia, and a pinch of salt. Cook until leeks are softened.
- Add peas, and broth and bring to a simmer until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, over an open burner, char the sides of your bell pepper. Remove and placed in a covered container, set this in the freezer for a few minutes to cool. Now you can easily remove the skin of the pepper by rubbing it off with your fingers. Roughly slice the pepper and add it to the pot.
- Blend the soup in batches until smooth. You can add more broth now to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of fresh pea shoots, a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice, and cracked pepper.
- YUM YUM, enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.