These ribs have won 1st place at the Lake Villa Ribfest twice in a row. It takes us an hour and a half hour for what takes 12 hours for others to do.
Award-Winning Sweet Cajun Dry Rubbed Ribs
(serves 4 or more if you gotta lotta meat and a big ‘ol grill)
- Mangia.tv award-winning dry rub (2 racks per packet)
- ½ cup of water give or take, if you don’t have a measuring cup, don’t panic
- 1-as many racks of ribs as you can fit on your grill (support your local butcher shop!)
- Rub generously with your preferred Mangia Dry Rub onto both sides of ribs like you’re giving it a rubdown, not a massage.
- Place in foil-tented tray with about ½ cup of water.
- Place on grill on low-medium heat or away from coals for 1-1 ½ hours.
- Remove from tray and place directly on grill for about 5 minutes per side to sear. This process helps lock in the juices and flavor as well as giving a nice crispy texture to the outside of the ribs.
- (If you want wet ribs, add a BBQ sauce of your choice before placing directly onto grill.)
- Let sit for 5-7 minutes to cool. Don’t skip this step, because the juice are reabsorbed into the meat maxing out flavor like a sugar-daddy’s credit card.