We’re talking to Angela and Lane at Laughing Planet Cafe on Flatlander In Bend today. Find out why we absolutely fell in love with this amazing cafe and the folks who work here.
LIVING BETTER LIVES
Every effort to “go green” or what have you, ultimately comes down to people. The people who dine with us, the people who make up the communities we serve, and the employees who work at our restaurants.
Knowing this, Laughing Planet does everything possible to improve the lives of those people in and around our neighborhood restaurants, working to make real contributions through partnerships and hiring practices. And we do this by:
- Striving to protect the integrity of the neighborhoods where we locate our restaurants, encouraging employees and customers to bike or walk to our locations
- Satisfying and delighting our customers by creating a light, fun atmosphere that inspires the imagination and laughter
- Creating an environment where families can eat and spend time together, both indoors and in outdoor seating closer to nature
- Supporting our employees in their creative endeavors, and spending energy to ensure the greatest possible happiness and fulfillment while in our care
Laughing Planet chooses only the freshest whole vegetables for our burritos, bowls, salads, soups, sides, sauces, smoothies and more, sourcing everything from local purveyors whenever possible.
We run an operation that’s heavy on prep time, so we can pass the savings on to our customers while still providing the very best in nutritious, delicious fare. Laughing Planet is proud of the fact that we:
- Lower our carbon footprint by using a centralized commissary model, where all food is prepared in 1 location and heated using steam at our restaurants
- Recycle our humor daily so as to maximize the value of every last chuckle. In fact, this same joke was used on our old website.
- Develop innovative solutions to materials problems, such as re-using soda boxes as to-go containers for customers who order 2 or more burritos
- Often choose more expensive options for the sake of the environment, such as opting for fully compostable, corn stalk-based sauce cups
- Buy food in bulk to be prepared in 1 location, reducing waste from packaging, virtually eliminating emissions by using a single delivery vehicle
Laughing Planet Cafe
913 NE 3rd St.
Bend, OR 97701
Hours: 11am-9pm Mon-Sun