Sausage and Peppers
- Italian sausage (hot or sweet or both)
- 6-7 Bell peppers (tri-color)
- 3-4 Cloves garlic
- ½ Large onion diced (sweet yellow or white onion)
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- A splash of red cooking wine
- A splash of white cooking wine
- ~ 2-3tbsp each:
Salt & pepper
- Cut sausage into 4-5 inch segments.
- Season and sprinkle wine over sausages.
- Place in large pan with oil and garlic on low for about 20-30 minutes to brown the outside.
- While sausage is browning, chop peppers into pieces that are about ¼- ½ inch wide. Make sure to cut off the cap and gut the pepper of its seeds and any fleshy interior.
- Dice or chop onions into very thin, long strips… whatever makes you happy.
- Mix peppers, onions, garlic, spices, and red wine in a bowl.
- Place in large, oiled pan on low heat for 10-15 minutes, then cover for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover sausages with sautéed peppers and onions and cook for another 25-35 minutes or until the sausages are cooked completely through.
- Serve as-is or with sliced fresh Italian bread for sandwiches.