Mangia Sweet Cajun French Fries
- 3 large russet potatoes
- Canola or Olive Oil
- Mangia.tv Cajun or Sweet Cajun Dry Rub
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475F. Wash your potatoes. Slice into strips. Cover with hot water and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain and dry them off thoroughly. Brush a baking pan with oil and dust pan with some Mangia.tv Cajun Dry Rub seasoning.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle lightly with Mangia. Place the potatoes on the pan in a single layer. Cover with foil and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip potatoes and continue baking until crisp and golden, about 10-15 minutes. If you’re like us, a little impatient that is, heat up a skillet with some oil and throw the fries in for a couple minutes. Keep an eye on them – one minute they’re golden, the next they’re charcoal.
- Remove from the skillet and sprinkle with some more Cajun seasoning and sea salt.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot, dip in whatever your little heart desires. Our heart usually desires a Cajun Mayo dip, and since today is Cinco De MAYO we’ll go with that:
Cajun Mayo Dip: