Make this simple Zucchini and Mushroom Pasta recipe your own. Skip the pasta and make this a side dish, or add Alfredo Sauce and enjoy as a main course with a glass of white wine.
- Pasta of your choice (we used artisan rotini), cooked, drained
- 5-6 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- zucchini, sliced
- half an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 T MangiaTV Cajun Dry Rub
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook your pasta noodles according to packaging. Tip: if you’re making an Alfredo sauce keep some of the pasta water on the side)
- Cook the pan on medium heat, add olive oil, onions, zucchini and mushrooms. Season with Mangia Dry Rub. You may need more than 3 tablespoons, depending on how spicy you want it. Add some rosemary to the pan and cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli florets 6 minutes into cooking.
- Toss with pasta noodles and parmesan cheese. (Skip this step if you’re making the Alfredo Sauce)
Today we made this dish into the main course so we needed some sauce. Alfredo Sauce is very simple to make and we had plenty of parmesan cheese available, so we made this:
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 4 T butter
- salt + pepper
- 3/4-1c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a small saucer heat up cream and butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add grated cheese and stir until melted. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes. Let stand to thicken. If your sauce is too thick, add some pasta water (a little at a time) and mix.