Mangia.tv’s Best Dang Yankee Gumbo Recipe Ever!
- 3 Tbs. Mangia Cajun Rub
- 1 Lb. of Italian or Andouille Sausage (cut into diagonal thin slices)
- ½ cup sliced Okra
- 2 Lb Uncooked de-veined shrimp
- 4 Cloves (minced) Garlic
- 2 cups of Roux (1.5 cups flour mixed well into 1 cup of olive oil)
- 1 ½ cup chopped Onion
- ¼ cup Green onion tops
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 5 Quarts of Water
- 3 cups cooked white rice to serve with Gumbo
- Make the Roux by whisking in 2 cup of flour into 2 cups 300 degree oil – Please be careful and remove young and timid from the room.
- Add 1 Tbs. of olive oil and 2 Tbs. Mangia Cajun Rub to shrimp, cover and refrigerate.
- Put water in deep pot; add roux, light boil for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to create base.
- Add onion, peppers, okra, and garlic to base.
- Fry sausage and discard the grease.
- Add sausage and Mangia’d shrimp
- Finish with 2 Tbsp of Mangia Cajun Dry Rub, cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve with green onion over rice.