Beer Battered Eggplant “Fries” & Roasted Mushroom Dip
Eggplant Fries: Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized eggplant, cut into discs and then strips (these will be our “fries”)
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 beer of your choice – I used stout, but use anything you like. If you don’t want to use alcohol you can substitute sparkling water!
- 1/2 tbsp. MangiaTV Cajun Dry Rub
- pinch salt
- Oil for frying
- Lay your eggplant strips on paper towel to draw out some of the moisture
– Mix beer, Mangia, salt, and flour together. If you like a thicker/runnier batter you can add/subtract flour accordingly
– Heat oil in frying pan to 375F, enough to cover fries
– One at a time, dip the fries in batter, let the excess run off, and drop into oil. Make sure to fry only a couple at a time to keep the oil hot.
– Remove to paper towel to absorb excess oil
Roasted Mushroom and Mangia Dip
- 1 c. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Mangiua Cajun Rub
- drizzle olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1 avocado
– In a hot pan, dry saute mushrooms until slightly browned (2-3 minutes)
– Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, Mangia, oil, and salt to pan and saute for 4-5 more minutes
– Remove from heat, let cool slightly
– Move mixture to a food processor, add avocado, and mix, adding more oil if thinner consistency is desired.
– Dip eggplant fries and enjoy!